Thursday, October 19, 2006

Shocked?...Why, yes!

This week has been filled with some rather shocking things. Professionally, my supervisor did not get any funding for next year - meaning we'll be in famine mode for a year and hopefully get some money come next round. The response from some individuals in our connected group (who did get funding) also completely floored me - which leads me to this statement - sometimes you think you are friends with a person (or people) when in fact they are coniving or gutlessly not so much ... its sad, very sad and not a little disappointing.
That said, I am a flawed individual and not someone to forgive stuff like that - so, the end is near for many a friendship. I appreciated what I had but don't think it is worth months of sleepless nights. In other news, I regretably won't participate in the travelling journal anymore...I will correspond to those who want me in their lives...
Fini

3 Comments:

At 8:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY ****** GOD. I almost died for a moment there. This blog entry has horrified me. Mellie, I love you and you are one of my dearest buddies!

Yoomi

 
At 4:29 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

Mellie Pellie!!! I hope all is well!!! Talk to you soon!!

love,
Vidya

 
At 10:47 am, Blogger Vidya said...

MELLIIEEE!!! I have been trying to call you but can't seem to get to you! Will you be here this weekend?? If so, I really want to talk to you!

lots of love,
Vidya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home