Friday, February 24, 2006

Stricken, Stressed, Stirred and (Dis)Sturbed

Being a grad student has some amazing perks. The free pens, the always brilliant excuse for stuffing up or contaminating something, and ofcourse the friendships and general bonding experiences that you have with any other student (or even a random sympathiser!). Most of the time being a phd student is great, love it, never want it to end. There are a few occassions, however, that tend to make the student life particularly hard. The one I'm experiencing right now is that day when all my bills and society/student memberships fees are due. I got paid yesterday and have already spent a very large portion of that money on my bloody bills. What makes it worse is that I haven't finished paying the bills, etc and I already don't have enough money to pay for my next two weeks of rent. Being a student sucks big time!

On top of all of that: birthdays! WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS AND FAMILY BORN IN LATE FEB, EARLY MARCH!!! I hate you all...I love you but I hate you all!

I'll leave you on that...time to find a corner and rock backwards and forwards in the dark, clutching my bills!

4 Comments:

At 11:02 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

I know what you mean Mel! AND I LIVE AT HOME! March is particularly bad! Becuase, I have nothing saved up from previous months (having spent it all on holidays, christmas presents, car insurance etc), and now having to pay almost $400 for a union that I am not even using - I am not even on campus!!! and then all you spring babies! However, I reckon I have the perfect present for you!!! I will be sending it out next week:P I have found myself a new favourite gift shop! :D

 
At 11:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...The image of you finding a corner and rocking backwards and forwards clutching your bills is a powerful one dear Mellie!

I hate being short of cash because I must watch my spending with something bordering on paranoia. I think there are better ways to spend my time than being overly cautious.

Oh yes...I can't help being born in March :D!

Yoomi

P.S. Vidya, I was under the impression I'm an autumn baby...

 
At 4:10 pm, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

*Laughs*

*Imagines turning the light on in the dark room Mel's in*

Don't worry Mellie Pellie, just steal some money from your bitchy flat mate (the new one!!!).

 
At 8:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha...Now we're coming up with ideas! I'm thinking it would be better to rob a bank. Actually, that can be my new career...

Yoomi

P.S. Ummm Mel, that's a hint. I need a co-bank robber!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home