Saturday, February 18, 2006

6-6-6...special prize for the person who can tell me its significance!!!

On the 6th day of the 6th month of 2006 I will be having that ankle operation. Now, my previous post's title was "Title Pending" I would now like you to scroll down and look at the title again. That is also, apparently, the tile of my ankle operation. I guess the name itself was one thing that scares the bejesus out of me!!!

So think of me on the 6/6/6 and let me know if you know what such a day could signify to a girl raised catholic - Yoomi I think I already mentioned this to you, so you're probably idsqualified from the guessing competition!


On other news I have my first major divisional seminar to present on May 2nd and it really is a toss up for what freaks me more - the op or the talk! I may in fact be the first student to talk in the new JCSMR lecture theatre, which seats over 200 people (making the fact that I'll have about 20 people even more obvious than it would've in the older, smaller lecture theatre). Luckily, "Dave" has been persuaded by our supervisors to talk at the same session so at least we'll be going through some of the nerves together.

Thats about it, except that I think a Yoomi and Mellie Birthday lunch is a must when I'm up in Sydney on the 3rd-5th March. Best day would be the 4th (saturday)...let me know what you think.
Anikki: Hope everything is going well for you...I'm still not sure when you're in Darwin so let me know so I can call you!

Byyyyyeeee!

9 Comments:

At 6:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mellie,

You didn't mention the 6/6/6 thing to me yesterday but I can't help laughing at that because it is sort of amusing in a way (and you must agree on that one!)...

The birthday lunch sounds like fun. It's time to start thinking of what presents to get...

Yoomi

 
At 6:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had a look at the title of your last post before this one... One day, I swear you're going to laugh at this!

Yoomi

 
At 8:29 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

HELLOOO!!!! I would love to meet your guys on the 4th but can't :( I am helping with a charity show on that day and I think my dad is leaving then too! :(

That title is scary Mel!!! However, I am sure when you are under anesthesia, you won't feel a thing!! Are you getting it all done in Canberra? Would you like me to come and help??

 
At 4:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vidya...you're offering to come and help and I'm just going to keep my comments to myself about that one :D

Yoomi

 
At 1:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel,

I went out and bought the Essential Bob Dylan today. What an interesting CD. I'm wandering around and singing Mr Tambourine Man :D

Yoomi

 
At 8:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the best of young Bobby Dylan...that was my favourite song along with It ain't me babe! I even entitiled one of my blog entries with Tambourine man!

 
At 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's groovy stuff. I am addicted to good music. Today I bought Tori Amos' Tales of a Librarian and I love it. A friend also recommended a song by Bjork (Hyperballad) which is wonderful! I think Tori Amos is one of my top three solo singers... I love her!

Yoomi

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

I actually did write a semi-funny comment before, but forgot to put the word verification thing in and closed the damn box!!!

It had something to do with CDs.

Ah yes, I will burn my new Coldplay CD "X&Y" for the Travelling Journal. Who has it BTW??

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Mellie said...

I have it and will be passing it on to you any day now! I just want to write one bitchy entry about my new flatmate then its over to you!

Mellie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home