Monday, January 23, 2006

My recipe to a great saturday night (and a really lousy sunday!)

Take one flatmates farewell party, add almost an entire bottle of gin, some tonic water and a beer. Shake in a human stomach till combined. To this add excess amounts of loud music to which you must have the control over. Leave for three hours.
By this time you would have a full-blown drunk (notice the slurred speech and squinting (due to the blurryness of the people around the drunk!)).
This is followed by mass amounts of unlady-like behaviour, frequently involving a bucket.
This recipe entails some sacrefices in the form of a sunday and some of monday. Be prepared to observe groaning, clammyness and all-round crappiness, with a side of remembering some of the things you said the night before!!



All I have to say to that is NEVER AGAIN!!! Did I not learn from the post-honour's incidence! Holy crap I feel like...well crap!

I'm yet to find a true hang-over treatment so if you have any tips let me know!!!

13 Comments:

At 2:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel,

Humour, humour is the key and I couldn't help but laugh a little at that because I could sort of imagine it in my mind.

I hope you're feeling more like your lady-like, chilled out self today!

Yoomi

 
At 11:55 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

I know alot about drinking and hangovers... :P I read somewhere that the only way to avoid hangovers is to stay drunk.... Does that help?

Oh Mellie!

BTW, reply to your mail coming soon!!! I think its a great idea - you must come up with your greatest when you are "slightly drunk" :P

 
At 9:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY mail!! Vids, did you bypass Yoomi???

Mellie

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Vidya said...

email...

 
At 8:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...I'm glad that misunderstanding was sorted out. Today I met up with a friend of mine and we spent an afternoon discussing books and neuroscience... It was rather lovely!

Yoomi

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Mel, I recommend a glass of raspberry schaps to ease the stomach..........

Hope that helps!!!!!

P.S. You are funny and I can't wait to see you VERY drunk again!!!

 
At 12:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...it seems like everyone wants to see you drunk dear Mellie!

Yoomi

 
At 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried calling you yesterday. I hope you had a fine weekend!

Yoomi

 
At 6:45 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

and then waht happened mellie?

 
At 10:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone has a real nose for juicy details :D

Yoomi

 
At 10:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden State is a brilliant movie. I'm wondering if you have the soundtrack...

Yoomi

 
At 11:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's another week...

Time seems to be really flying...

Yoomi

 
At 5:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The travelling journal should arrive at your doorstep quite soon!

Yoomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home