Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fibula lengthening osteotemy, bone graft, syndesmosis reconstruction and deltoid ligament reconstruction!!! AHHHH!!!...

I had initially written a VERY long post about this topic, but realised all that needs saying is that I need an operation on my ankle sometime in the next 6 months. Its a big operation, I'm a little (or very, very) worried. If I don't get it, I will mostly likely get arthritis. I tried to find a good ankle picture of this but the best I could do was this - so picture that on an ankle and you'll possibly feel what I feel. I keep repeating to my self that I'm 22, I shouldn't have to deal with this shit! I shouldn't be told that I may need my ankle fused in my early 40's! I want to be travelling and active!

Then I think that I'm not dying so who am I to complain! Either way, the good news is that I can choose when I want the surgery - probably the end of May or the start of June, depending on the experiments that need to be done...

To end this post on a better note here's my favourite quote by the amazing Dorothy Parker ... "I require three things in a man. He must be
handsome, ruthless, and stupid."

3 Comments:

At 10:08 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

Heya Mellie!! I hope the surgery goes well for you! You will continue to be active for a very long time! I am expecting you to run around in my indian wedding!!!

HUGS!

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hey Mellie,

I hope all goes well with your ankle. I'm sure everything will be fine and afterward you won't really have to limp anymore!!!! Woohoo!!!

Seriously, try not to worry (I know this is a slightly pointless statement to say to you!!).

Love from Anika xxx

 
At 4:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mellie,

I wanted to comment the other day but the computer wouldn't let me but now I can finally comment...

I'm sure there is no need to be worried. Many people have done such surgery before and and sure, it is a big operation but I'm also quite sure you're in good hands. Either way, I wish you well with everything :)

Yoomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home