Monday, April 11, 2005

Seeking Solace from the Blister from Hell!

Ok, so I went walking this morning at 6:30am. Lovely sunrise in beautiful Canberra made me think "hey, I'm going to become a morning person and do this every day!" Little did I think that an hour later I would be screaming and crying as shower water ran over the blister from hell! My bloody old netball shoes that I have worn in to perfectly fit my feet have somehow shrunk (considering the only other alternative is that my feet are STILL growing). As I removed my shoe after hobbling home, blood soaked my sock and a big-ass blister the size of a 50c coin had appeared! I don't know why I'm writing this except that there is a continual pain coming from my left heel that makes it hard to think of anything else!

Anyway, I'll try not to give too many details about the ugliest blister I've ever seen (and thats saying something considering I'm an immunology-buff who loves the biology of pus-filled things - eck!). The only thing I want to write about tonight (except my pain) is that I've succumbed to the temptation of Pantene conditioner again despite the knowledge it only coats your hair to make it look healthy rather than make it become healthy. hehe kidding the actual thing I wanted to write about is my wonderful younger brother (Joelzy)who MADE IT INTO THE NSW STATE CRICKET SQUAD!!! YAY JOANEY!
Watch this space for further details of this future Shane Warne (he's already a master SMS-er!)
I know there's very little Canberra stuff here but hey Blogs are supposed to be full of crap and I'm just living the cliche'!
Here endeth this installment of the insane ramblings...

P.S. Where is Anika? Miss hearing from you girl so come on and give us a sign you're alive and well.
Love Mel

11 Comments:

At 4:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel... I know what you mean about painful blisters... About a week ago, I was wearing these black shoes of mine and I guess I'd worn them for too long and they were uncomfortable around my heel and I ended up with a terrible blister on the back of my foot but there's something beautiful about morning walks. It's a tranquil time of the day and I think you're discovering why I liked working night shift. It's literally light after all the darkness :P

I hope you're reading is going well and you're enjoying life in Canberra. Make sure you take care !!!

Yoomi

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

Hope your blister heals real soon! Went to a very "immmunology" like seminar today! (Yes I thought of you:P)

IU am soooo proud of Joel!!!! You are going to end up meeting the cricketers! If you ever see Michael Slater... can you tell him about me????

 
At 8:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael Slater is a honey!! Did I tell you I met him last year?? I told him what I thought of him (that he is a GREAT cricketer), I left out the fact that I think he is HOT.

Mel, I too will share a bilster story, though it won't be as painful as yours. Work shoes are painful, as they look good. Never buy shoes that look good, because their purpose in life was to hurt you. I can only tell you what I've been telling you for years, 'your net ball shoes look too good Mel!!'

Well, I'm busy putting things in envelopes!!! I am also the only person here from my section, so I am free to surf the net un-inconspicuously!!!

Love and miss you all like Hell.

 
At 2:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems that everyone has a painful blister story... It's sort of funny when you think about it. I applied for this rather interesting position. It seems that I'll be destined to work either in a pharmaceutical company or something along those lines or a hospital...Oh, such is life but I'm interested in this one. Take care peoples!

Yoomi

 
At 3:06 pm, Blogger Mellie said...

Yoomi: It wouldn't be bad for you to work in a pharmaceutical company or hospital - that would be excellent! Yeah I've got a tonne of blister stories but this is the absolute worst by far! An update - I now have a cotton ball stuck to the wound and it really REALLY hurts if i even attempt to rip it off! My ankle has also become swollen and slightly bruised. Hoping this doesn't mean the big I (infection)!
Vids: Immunology seminar? What was it on? I'm intrigued! Give me a 1-page summary by tomorrow.
Anika: YAY! Nice to hear from you and to know that you're alive and well. Next step is to get you to REPLY TO EMAILS!!!!
Joelzy: Is english your second language because that took me ages to understand. Something about Micheal Slater and his depression or something... hehe miss you to little bro - did you burp in Ben's face yet?

 
At 7:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know working in a pharmaceutical company wouldn't be so bad but I think I'm supposed to be striving for the creative ideal... :P The blister will feel better soon... I've never heard of any blister fatalities before :D I'll see you soon!!! By the way, I just set up my blog recently...

Yoomi

 
At 9:12 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

there were more than 20 acronyms in the first page... and so I fell asleep! (Quite embarassing seeing as I was nodding off ONTO my supervisor who ahppened to be seated in front of me:P

Joelzy: I don't really care if he is depressed... heck... I don't even care that he isn't Indian!!!! Maybe if I change his name to Mohan Suresh... hmmm *lightbulb above my head*

 
At 3:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Vishnu Ganguli??

P.S. Yumna, enable your blog to accept comments from non-bloggers please!!!!

 
At 6:45 pm, Blogger Mellie said...

Yoomi: Yeah yeah I know that blisters won't kill but they hurt like hell - i had to soak my feet in a bath for over an hour and still had to rip the cotton ball off (lovely bloody water)! Its a bit better now though without a bandaid or cotton ball on it. Anyway enough blister talk.
Looking forward to you coming to Canberra - can you message me when you're leaving Sydney and when you are just passed Goulburn?

Vids and Anika: no taking our Micheal Slater! actually I don't care that much as long as Bevan doesn't defect to India or Sri Lanka!
Vids: once again gotta love acronymology!
Joely: Bout time with the post - I've read and replied. hehe miss you and say meow to Casper!

 
At 8:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to post a comment on Joel's blog, though I cannot, as I am from the 'other side', ie, a non-blogger!! Anyways, I just wanted to say that 'Pleffer' is a pretty cool/funny last name!!!

Hehe!!!!

Take care and I hope your blister is healing well.

 
At 11:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika, Anika... my sincerest apologies. Okay guys, my blog is at www.yoomik.blogspot.com and I've only written one post so far but knowing me, I'll write on that blog like a maniac as well. Mel, I'll send you msg once I'm on my way and nearing the precious capital... I'm really looking forward to it!!! I started a new book last night and let me just say it's very, very weird. Take care people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home