Thursday, April 21, 2005

Man shoots car, feels better

I found this article while looking at the stuff on the Aussie drug smugglers:


'Man Shoots Car, Feels Better

FED up with his troublesome car, a Florida man fired five rounds from a semi-automatic pistol into the hood of the 1994 Chrysler LeBaron."I'm putting my car out of its misery," 64-year-old John McGivney said after the incident outside an apartment building in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, according to a police report that listed the car as "deceased".
McGivney surrendered to police, was jailed on a firearms charge last Friday and released on bond a day later.

He told them the car had been giving him trouble for years.

"I think every guy in the universe has wanted to do it," the South Florida Sun-Sentinel today quoted McGivney as saying.

"It was worth every damn minute in that jail."

That's such an old man thing to do!

Incidentally, I heard one of drug smugglers said that he had been framed like Shappelle Corby - I'm just wondering if that was one of the individuals that had the heroin strapped to his/her chest! I'd have loved to hear their theory on how they were framed!

Insane Rambler - signing out!

8 Comments:

At 12:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd think that considering the amount of publicity Corby's case is getting that people would know that in Indonesida you could get the death penalty for drug smuggling but obviously not... I honestly think that they'll face the death penalty. I'd say that would be good for Indonesian tourism!

Yoomi (The political one)

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Yes, I too am interested in this 'framing' idea. Ummm........yes, I think I'll go and smuggle heroin into Indonesia, surely you will not get the death penalty for that!!! I live under a rock and have no TV/radio/any-communication-with-the-outside-world. Who is this Corby girl??

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

Someone in my lab suggested "I went to get a massage and they told me this was a part of the therapy"...

I think it is quite hilarious!

 
At 1:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find things like that funny, when usually normal people do crazy things. Actually one of my favourite things to do is go for a 'ride' in revolving doors. Let's just call it the kid in me...

Yoomi

 
At 4:37 pm, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

I should title my next blog post "Anika Shoots Kasun, Feels Better".

No, I really wouldn't shoot him, just punch him hard in the you-know-what.

Yes, I'm talking about his knee.

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

harnes all that negative energy... and use it when your aim!

(You wouldn't want to hit his thigh by mistake!! :P)

 
At 8:50 am, Blogger Mellie said...

God Vidya...that made me laugh hysterically - I'm so shocked you'd say something like that!

Hehe...incidentally I'd kick him in the knee from the front to the back as his knee cap would probably shatter as it straightens out! Unless he has bend-y knees like I do then it won't do anything and may be better to cork his thigh!

 
At 8:15 pm, Blogger Vidya said...

WHAT DID I SAY??? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home